CALIFORNIA & NEVADA RESIDENT PRIVACY INFORMATION
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CA AND NV RESIDENTS
EFFECTIVE DATE: DECEMBER 31, 2020
PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your "personal information" (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")).
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
- Identifiers (such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers);
- Commercial information (such as transaction data);
- Financial data (such as credit card information);
- Internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history and information on interaction with a website, application, or advertisement);
- Geolocation data (at an IP-based or city/state/zip level);
- Professional or employment-related information (if volunteered in a job application);
- Education information (if volunteered in a job application);
- Legally protected classifications (such as age and gender);
- Physical characteristics or description (if a personal photo is volunteered in a user profile); and
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you (e.g., information you voluntarily provide when you book an event with Wedgewood Weddings & Events.
THE SOURCES FROM WHICH THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ARE COLLECTED.
We collect the personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from the information you provide to us;
- Indirectly from our affiliates, service providers, and third parties with whom you have a direct relationship; and
- Indirectly through your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
BUSINESS PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We collect personal information for the various business purposes below:
- Complete a purchase or provide the Services you have requested, including invoicing and accounting;
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service;
- Provide you with updates and information about an event you have booked or a venue that interests you;
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding Wedgewood Weddings & Events;
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services, including through research and reports, and test and create new packages, features, and services;
- Secure our websites
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others;
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others; and
- Consider and process your job application.
SHARING OF CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you to make certain requests about your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you and the categories of sources of such information;
- Provide you with the specific pieces of personal information we collect about you; and
- Delete personal information we have about you.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Services to you. You may only make such a request twice within a twelve-month period. Requests are generally free; however, we may charge a reasonable fee or deny your request if it is manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive.
To make a CCPA request, email us at Events@WedgewoodWeddings.com.com. We will request information, which at a minimum will include your name, telephone number, and email address to verify your identity. We may request additional information to verify your identity before responding to a request. Under the CCPA, you may have an authorized agent submit a request on your behalf, and we will collect certain authorization and verification information from the agent and you in such circumstances.
The CCPA further provides you with the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any, and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under applicable law.
If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under California law, please contact us at Events@WedgewoodWeddings.com.com
CALIFORNIA DO NOT SELL NOTICE
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides you with the right to opt out of the "sale" of your "personal information." At Wedgewood Weddings & Events we do not host third party advertising on our websites and do not share your personal information with third parties.
When you visit one of our websites from a third party like a social media platform or search engine, they may be gathering information such as device identifiers, cookies, advertising IDs, IP addresses, and usage activity. Below, we explain how you can control the information that is collected.
FACEBOOK AD PREFERENCES
Facebook offers settings that may control what information Facebook uses about you or your device activity for advertising purposes. Login to Facebook and go to Settings > Ads > Ad Settings (web) or Ad Preferences > Ad Settings (app) for more information.
DIGITAL ADVERTISING ALLIANCE (“DAA”) AND NETWORK ADVERTISING INITIATIVE (“NAI”) OPT-OUTS
The Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) offer tools to provide consumers with choices as to whether participating third parties can use your information to provide targeted advertising. To opt out of sharing your information with such participating third parties for targeted advertising, please use the following tools:
- For Websites: The DAA CCPA Opt Out Tool, available at https://optout.privacyrights.info/?c=1, and the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Tool, available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
- For Mobile Applications: The DAA CCPA App Opt Out Tool, available at https://www.privacyrights.info/appchoicesand the NAI App Opt-Out Tool, available at https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice.
- The DAA and NAI opt-outs described above are device- and browser-based. Because the information being shared relates to your device ID and/or browser ID, you must opt-out on each device and each browser where you want your choice to apply.
- Opt-outs may be stored via cookies. If you clear cookies, your opt-out will no longer be valid and you must opt-out again where you want your choices to apply.
The above choices will not opt you out of the use of previously collected and shared information or all interest-based advertising (such as that conducted on other sites).
SHINE THE LIGHT DISCLOSURE
The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt-out of the sale of "personally identifiable information" for monetary consideration (as such terms are defined under Nevada law) to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased a hosted event from Wedgewood Weddings & Events, you may submit a request to opt-out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by contacting us at Events@WedgewoodWeddings.com.com. Please note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.